Edlington Town Council Web-site - Accessibility Statement
This accessibility statement applies to the web-site of Edlington Town Council at www.edlingtontowncouncil.gov.uk
This web-site is run by Edlington Town Council via UK Local Council's technology, supported by 2Commune Ltd. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this web-site. For example, this means that you should be able to:
- change colours, contrast levels and fonts
- zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
We've also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
Reporting Accessibility Problems with this Web-site
We have attempted to keep our web-site simple and readily accessible. However, we are always looking for ways to improve it. If you find any problems or think we are not meeting accessibility requirements, please contact us by e-mail (email@example.com) or via our contact form.
If You Are Not Happy with Our Response
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the 'accessibility regulations'). If you're not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
This council is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, due to the non-compliances and exemptions listed below.
Our web-site has been tested using the methodology described in "Website Accessibility Requirements" produced by NALC. This website was tested using the Microsoft Accessibility Insights for Web tool recommend in that publication.
We believe that our site is compliant except for the following minor issues. Where practicable, and taking into account the limited resources of our Town Council, we intend to fix these issues as soon as we can and no later than 31st March 2021.
1) Some PDF documents from September 2018 onwards, mainly agendas and minutes of meetings and Council policy documents require converting into accessible PDF/A files
2) We cannot wholly guarantee that the colour contrast of text on some of the web pages to be fully complaint
We would be grateful if any deficiencies could be brought to our attention. Please contact us by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) or via our contact form.