Edlington Town Council

Serving the people of Edlington

Winding Wheel - Yorkshire Main Colliery

Clerk: Mr S Oldham
The Grainger Centre and
Council Offices, Stubbins
Hill, Edlington, Doncaster
DN12 1JN

Tel: 01709 770552

Reporting Crime

Contact Details for reporting crime/anti-social behaviour or other activities to South Yorkshire Police or Doncaster MBC (as appropriate) – see guidance/advice below:-

Report incidents as they occur supplying as much detail as possible to DMBC via 736000 for environmental issues, noise and nuisance and 101 for crime, ASB and drug related activity. For those that are fearful of reporting crime or wish to remain anonymous when reporting there is the option of Crime stoppers at 24/7 free telephone hotline –

What is Crime stoppers?

An independent charity helping law enforcement to locate criminals and help solve crimes. We have an anonymous 24/7 phone number, 0800 555 111, that people can call to pass on information about crime; alternatively people can send us information anonymously via our Giving Information Form. You don't have to give your name or any of your personal details. We do not trace calls or track IP addresses.

Find out about our history »

Website: https://crimestoppers-uk.org/?gclid=CLjpma3lgdYCFcm77QodkX0FiA

  • In an emergency call 999
  • When it's a non-emergency call 101
  • You can report a crime online www.reportingcrime.uk

In an emergency:

999 – Call if life is at risk or a crime is in progress

999 (SMS) – ONLY if you are deaf, hard of hearing or speech impaired. Anyone misusing the number will have their phone disabled.

Important: You will only be able to use this service if you have registered with Emergency SMS first. To register text 'register' to 999, you will receive a reply – follow the instructions sent. For more information please see this brochure.

Once registered your mobile can be used to send an SMS 999 in the event of an emergency. After providing a few brief details on the text, the emergency service will either ask for more information or state that help is on its way.


  • 101 – For general enquiries or to report a crime that is no longer happening.
  • 18001 101 (text phone) – If you are deaf, hard of hearing or speech impaired.
  • 07786 220 022 (SMS) – If you are deaf, hard of hearing or speech impaired.
  • 0800 555 111 – To give information to Crimestoppers anonymously.
  • You can report your crime online www.reportingcrime.uk

Reporting antisocial behaviour

Depending on the nature of the antisocial behaviour issue, it may be dealt with by the Police or your local council (Doncaster Metropolitan Borough Council).

There are many different types of antisocial behaviour and in some cases, other local authorities are responsible for dealing with antisocial behaviour issues. Please have a look at our checklist so see which organisation would deal with your issue. You can follow the link and report it online, or ring our contact centre on the numbers shown below.

Police responsibilitycouncil responsibility
BeggingAbandoned Vehicles
Dealing/taking of drugs & drinking alcohol in the streetDead Animals
Gangs and youths drinking in parksDog Fouling
Harassment or intimidationFly Posting
Hoax call to emergency servicesFly Tipping
Lighting of firesGraffiti
Misuse of FireworksLittering
Intimidating dogsLost or stray dogs
Nuisance neighboursNoise Nuisance / Noise from DIY
Prostitution and indecent behaviourSyringes or needles
VandalismWaste on Land

Contact us by post:

South Yorkshire Police Headquarters

Carbrook House



S9 2DB

General Enquiries

E-mail: enquiries@southyorks.pnn.police.uk

Post: South Yorkshire Police Headquarters

Carbrook House



S9 2DB


If you've been a victim of fraud, you can report it to Action Fraud online using the


You'll be given a crime reference number and your case will be referred on to the police force that investigates fraud. You can also call 0300 123 2040. In an emergency, always call 999.